Posted: | Updated:
November 17, 2022
Dear Lowell Families,
Here are a few updates from the school:
- Our staff looks forward to meeting with you next Monday or Tuesday (11/21 and 11/22) for Parent/Guardian-Teacher conferences. If you have not had the chance to schedule a meeting with your child’s teacher, please e-mail me directly so I can best support getting that set up.
- During conferences, your child’s teacher will be giving you a copy of Lowell’s Title 1 Family Compact to review and sign. Lowell is a Title 1 School which means we receive federal funds for Title 1 students. Any school receiving Title I funds must have a School-Parent compact. This compact is an agreement between groups of people (staff-students-families) and is a component of the school-level parent involvement policy. It outlines how parents, school staff, and students will share the responsibility for improved student academic achievement. At conferences, we will also be distributing a family feedback survey for you to complete. Your voice and ideas matter to us!
- Our School-Based Health Center will be offering flu and COVID vaccines during conferences on TUESDAY 11/22 10am-2pm. This can be walk in, but pre-registration is preferred by scheduling ahead with care coordinator, Alex Silva —firstname.lastname@example.org
- There will be a Virtual PTA Meeting on November 28. The meeting will be held over Microsoft Teams and will primarily focus on candidates for the board, with the goal of electing seats for the 2022-2023 school year. If you would like more information regarding each position, please email Courtney Zier at email@example.com and she will put you in touch with previous board members to discuss the roles carried out by each chair.
- Picture Day will be December 6 and 8. Look for more information coming soon!
Remember there will be NO SCHOOL next week (11/21-11/25) because of conferences and the Thanksgiving holiday.
As November is a time to reflect deeply on gratitude, I must extend mine to each one of you for your engagement, kindness, and collaboration. Lowell is a very special school, and I am so grateful for this parent community and everything you do to collectively support the learning, curiosity, and kindness of our amazing students.
Chelsea Dziedzic (pronounced Jay-Jick)