March Family Newsletter
Posted: | Updated:
Dear Lowell Families,
I hope that you enjoyed a great midwinter vacation. We look forward to welcoming students back to school tomorrow, Monday, February 27th.
Here are some school updates coming up for the month of March:
- K-5 students receiving multilingual (English Language Development) services will be taking the WIDA test over the next two weeks. If you have questions about this, please contact Multilingual Teacher Charlie Mercer at email@example.com
- Thanks to some very exciting community partnerships and grants, we will be having some special arts experiences at Lowell this month! All classes will be participating in a multi-week Seattle Children’s Theater Residency experience. Fourth and fifth graders will also have writing residencies provided by Writers in the Schools and second graders will have poetry and song-writing experiences provided by the Jack Straw Theater.
- We will also have two arts assemblies this month! The first will be this Friday morning, performed by Gansango Music and Dance Ensemble. The second will be a visit from the 5th Avenue Theater on March 17.
- During the month of March, the school BLT (Building Leadership Team) will be working to plan for the 2023-24 school budget. If you have questions or input about this process, please feel free to connect with us.
- Last, the Lowell PTA is hosting a school dance/community event on Friday, March 3rd from 6:30-8:30. We hope you will attend! Please note students must be supervised by parents/guardians at the event.
Wishing you a wonderful week ahead,
Ms. Chelsea Dziedzic (pronounced Jay-Jick)